If you’re frustrated by your expanding midsection, you’re not alone! Since 2000 the obesity rate in America has soared from 30.5 percent to 42.4 percent! Belly bloat isn’t easy to beat. You try to diet, exercise, and wear different clothes. You try supplements, pills, and shakes. Yet, the belly bloat won’t disappear.
Before you give up and resign yourself to living with a large stomach, try these ideas to get rid of belly bloat.
1. Reduce carbohydrates in your diet. Research shows that eating too many refined carbohydrates is a major factor in belly bloat and obesity.
2. Sugar is the first thing to avoid. According to the National Institutes of Health, sugar consumption rates in the United States since the 1970’s occur simultaneously to the changes in obesity rates.
3. Avoid artificial sweeteners. You may think switching to artificial sweeteners will help the problem, but you’re actually making your bloating worse.
• Artificial sugars are hard for your body to digest. They can often lead to unnecessary and annoying bloating. In addition, in large amounts, fake sugars can lead to cramping and stomach aches.
• To avoid artificial sugars, read package labels carefully. Artificial sugars can be in candy, cookies, baked goods, and other items. If the label has “sugar-free, “low calorie,” or similar wording, that food is likely to have artificial sugar in it.
4. Add more probiotics. Whether you turn to more yogurt or kimchi, filling your diet with more probiotics will help you get rid of belly bloat.
• Probiotics can greatly benefit your digestive system. They can help you balance the good and bad bacteria in your gut. They’re an important part of defeating belly bloat too.
• You can find probiotics in yogurt, fermented dairy products, kimchi, sauerkraut, and other foods. Just watch the sugar content of the product. The key is to find some probiotic foods that you love and will enjoy eating every day, or at least several times a week.
5.. Instead of drinking juices or coffee, you may want to switch to tea. For best results, pick natural herbal teas without GMO ingredients. Focus on organic ingredients. Green tea and peppermint tea may help you with belly bloating.
• Studies show that green tea may help your metabolism and make it easier to burn fat in the body.
• Peppermint tea is an ancient home remedy that is used to relieve digestive issues and help the stomach. It has a calming effect. However, it can also get rid of annoying bloating after a big meal.
The Pandemic has highlighted the fact that when you have an underlying condition like obesity or belly bloat, you are at higher risk for many health issues. But belly Bloat doesn’t have to be a permanent part of your body
Find a Nutrition Response Testing® practitioner near you and get tested. They will help you discover what foods your body struggles with and how to help your body heal itself.